Friday, January 13, 2012

Hiatus Over - Viva 2012!


Oh my, it has been months since I last posted.  Hello, everyone! This is a good indicator of how nutty it has been lately.  Between NaNoWriMo, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, gym dedication, family, races, paintball, and work … yeah I kind of forgot I even had a blog.  Oops!  Things are slowing down, the winds are calming, but I fear it is the silence before a new storm.  I just finished my first week back in Paralegal classes, my LAST QUARTER.  (Yay!)  I have been running, surfing, paddling, weight training, hip-hop dancing, swimming, and all sorts of other fun activities.

Hip-Hop Classes
The hip-hop classes were a Groupon opportunity that I simply couldn’t resist – the sessions are incredibly hard, but super fun.  I am the awkward dunce in the class, but that doesn’t bother me too much.  (It’s good to be utterly humbled every once in a while.)  I have picked up some cool new moves, and surprised myself at times with how quickly some of the trickier motions come.  I don't think I'll be able to afford to keep going once my "one month unlimited" runs out, but I like knowing that I can go back if I ever feel the urge.

Movies/TV
Every once in a while, I discover some entertainment in the world that I simply must gush over for a moment.  Two movies recently made my day, "Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil," and "Lesbian Vampire Killers."  (Just "Vampire Killers" in the USA ...) I know what you are thinking ... by the titles alone you are wondering if you will be seeing them listed as nominees for the upcoming Oscars.  Well just trust me, they are worth streaming or renting from Netflix.  A funny story about L.V.K. is I had never heard of it until the theme song started playing on one of my soundtrack radio stations.  I loved the theme song so much I had to research what movie it was from, and then of course had to rent said awesome sounding film. :)
The TV shows Chris and I have been mowing through lately are "Shark," "Sons of Anarchy," and (Oh, and P.S. to Mr. Petty, we are finally getting into "Psyche.")

Misc.
-Paintball is going to be a much more frequent event in our house, since both Chris and I invested in new paintball guns, masks, etc. We have a new field opening up in Oxnard, and have rediscovered how fun the activity is.  Nerdy My Little Pony
-Droid does.  I now have a Smart Phone! And I think it's a little smarter than me sometimes.... huh.  I resisted the smart phone movement for a looooong time.  It's a hand-me-down, like most of my phones are, but it keeps me from getting lost, lets me read my email before I even get out of bed, and upload photos to my online accounts.  All in all, I'm a big fan.
-My Little Pony?  I just really wanted to post this picture because I liked it so much. :) I have rekindled a love for exploring what artists all over the world are doing in their spare time.  This modern day has made it so easy to see and explore little projects, from videos to artwork to jewelry, with etsy and youtube and the wonders of the modern world ... so cool.
-Wood Flooring will be added to our condo at the end of the month.  I'm not really looking forward to the process, but I'm very excited about the end result!
- NaNoWriMo is over, but my story is not.  I know many of you have been asking for it, but it's simply not ready for "other eyes."  I am working on it when I can, I promise!

More to come, more to come.  I am "buckling down" to train for the TOUGH MUDDER in February.  I don't want to get my ass handed to me and misrepresent my outnumbered sex.  OORAH!!

No comments: