Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Embrace a Geek!

My friend Mike pointed out that the stars have aligned for me today, because not only is it my birthday, it is also "Embrace Your Geekness Day." Apparently this is copyrighted by Wellcat Holidays, and is for people who are "into dungeon games, comic books and doing vampire dress-up," and those who "spend endless hours going strange places on the internet."  It’s also geared to celebrate the “brainy” side of people who love technology.
Some folks apparently embrace the day by communicating via social media rather than talking on the phone or face to face. (Though this may not be anything different than the usual.)
In any case, I think it’s a glorious silly holiday to have on this particularly personal and happy day.  

I have been showered with well wishes and am incredibly grateful to have so many fabulous people in my life!  Thank you, everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice. (Happy B-day)