Thursday, September 27, 2012

Training Day (and Week and Month)

For some reason I keep thinking that I will have more time on my hands when outrigger season ends, and for some reason I magically am surprised when it does not come true.  Actually, I guess I expected it, but I'll keep fawning ignorance.

I have been training, training, training still but it's not longer in a canoe, it's at the gym, on the road, and up and down stairs.  The fall/winter line-up is:

*Carpinteria Triathlon (Olympic Distance) - September 30
*Tough Mudder Las Vegas (Double Header, Saturday & Sunday) - October 6 & 7
*SLO Mud Mash (10k) - October 28
*World's Toughest Mudder (24 Hours Obstacle Race) - November 17

I honestly don't know how to begin to be ready for the World's Toughest Mudder, but I'm excited, I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and my only prayer right now is to stay injury free.  I want to be smart, which means not going totally crazy.  We'll see how that goes!

I lift every weekday morning at 6.  I do some kind of bike, run, or swim most evenings.  On the weekend if I can, I'm doing long distance.  My goal soon is to do three distance runs (maybe 10 or 15 miles) 3 times on a weekend, one Saturday am, then pm, then Sunday am.  If I can work up to that I think I'll feel much more confident going into the 24 hour race.

I also joined Crossfit for the month of October, and am looking forward to training with teammates there.  I have to remember to rest, though usually my body lets me know loud and clear when it's done for the day.  Balance, balance, balance.... hurrah!

No comments: